3.12.2009

Jumu'ah Jottings//Friday Fragments # 3- I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane, Don't Know if I'll be Back Again...


This week's Friday fragments shall be extra fragmented since I'm leaving! No, no, not forever but, on a jet plane! I'm headed of to the East coast and D.C. for my Spring Break. My mother begged me to go as without me 'her life would be incomplete'. ....errr isn't that what husbands are for?! I guess I see her point though, I want to have kids so I can mess with them to. I mean you're only old once might as well screw up some youngins' life along the way right? Right.

Friday Fragments//Jumuah Jottings #3

Why is it that PMS and monthly cycles are psychic? They should call them psychic-lecs. Or PSYHIC-cles. Remember back in the day when you could say anything you want as along as it was followed by "PSYCH!" Periods always seem to appear during the one week of any given month in which I actually need to be alert/living. I know it's confusing but, for my life I don't usually need to be living just alive. Long story short, my period ended on Monday. THANK GAWD!



Some might argue that the above was TMI but, I know how much you enjoy bodily function-related rants. :)
.........................................................................................................

Last night while at work (the gym) one of my co-workers whispered the following statement to me. "Today, a creepy man on the bus said he liked my eyeballs." Apparently,it was the best compliment she'd received in months. At first I was sad for her but, then I saw her sniffing magic markers that people use to sign up for elliptical. I think she deserved that compliment.
- F My Life
.........................................................................................................
Did You Know?!



Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.

What are we teaching the kids? Oh right, even Barbie would have boobs. Eat up kiddies!

.........................................................................................................


Over Heard Moment of the Week
:

The school I pre-student teach at keeps getting creepier and creepier. First I over heard the conversation between the mother and daughter as posted in last weekend FF/JJ. Then I over heard one of the middle-schoolers discussing this in the bathroom.

"Today, my boyfriend told me he couldn't hang out with me beca
use he felt really sick.I went to his house anyway to surprise him with homemade soup I walk in to his room only to find him hooking up with my sister. She can't drive, our mom drove her there."

Wow, I understand I look younger than they expect but, have some shame. Get a new family and don't repeat that story. Ever.

The next day I brought her McDonalds. I didn't know what else to do.
.........................................................................................................


I caught two kids kissing in the hallway on Wednesday. They weren't mine. I considered letting them continue. But, then the pregnancy would be completely my fault. It was a Hispanic girl and a blue-eyed Caucasian twin. His brother is in my class so in interrupted.


Me: Sorry to break up the baby makin' kiddies but, kissing leads to cooties.
Boy: Ms. A we're in 5th grade we know there isn't such thing as cooties.
Girl:Yeah, just AIDS.



Oh well excuse the junk outta me. Do continue in your conquest to STDs. The conversation actually didn't end there but, that for next Friday iA.
.........................................................................................................

And now I'm off to pack my bags and pray for a safe landing in D.C.


11 comments:

Farnnay said...

have fun in D.C. be safe yo

and the school im working at is kinda boring. sigh. your stories are so much more entertaining.
and i feel like i read your oveheard moment thing on FMYLIFE earlier or something.

Mrs4444 said...

These are pretty funny. I can certainly relate to the middle school comments. In fact, today, I had to use a notebook to jot them all down before I forget them; priceless!

Have a safe trip, and thanks for joining in today!! :)

Anonymous said...

The monthly cycle ALWAYS comes at the worst possible time, the day when you have to be away for hours and hours from any safety net where you can check on things.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, What that kid said, hilarious.

And yes, I definitely love me some bodily function talk...one of the perks of being a nanny for toddlers!

Have a safe trip!
Maybe George Clooney will even be on your plane?!

True story-when I was 5-years-old I used to run around the table during meals yelling "Eyeballs, eyeballs eyeballs!"...sadly I'm not making that up.

Yasemin said...

I'm a little jealous. Let us know if you see Sasha's and Malia's nw playground. You should email Hijabee in DC and see if you can meet up!

I hope the monthly bill ends before you board the plane. Having to crouch into one of those tiny plane bathrooms to change tampons sounds pretty annoying!

I love that they really think all you can get these days is cooties. Ahhh, to be innocent again dear Perplxin. At any rate, I hope you have a fabulously fun spring break. At the very least, the weather will be less rainy than here! Love you and prayers for a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

i HOPE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!!!!

me said...

Hey girl...hope you're having a great vaca!! :)

*hugs*

Lavender © said...

I just came to ur blog after seeing a comment u made on mine! Your blog is wonderful, different, and a must read! lOVED IT! I WILL be coming back for more... )

Yasemin said...

Perplxin,

I went ahead and added to my private blog with your email on your profile. Feel free to visit. There are some things there I'm not saying on the main blog. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love your life- f'd or not.

Give it to me.

:]

j,kidding.

PerplxinTexan♥ said...

CA- I post of fmylife often, I even have multiple names so nobody ever figures out how f'd up my 'entertaining' life is.

Mrs4444- Thanks for stopping by again! Thanks for the warm wishes.

Blue violet- I know. Periods= death.

Yaya- I would have loved to know you as a child, so interesting.

Lisa- That woulda been a great idea especially if I had stopped back by to read these before I left, but we all know what happened now.

Cheryl- Thanks for the warm wishes blog something massively amusing for my return. It'll be like an online birthday!

Paris- Aww , thanks. Hope everything is balancing out in your neck of the woods. KEEP ME POSTED.

LIRiyad- THANKS! I'll be sure to visit you more often as well. Stop by as much as you please and thanks for commenting.