3.26.2009

Friday Fragments//Jumu'ah Jottings #4- None But Ourselves Can Free Our Minds

The week has trickled off to an ending and instead of feeling my usual ecstatic self all I know is that I need more than this. Somewhere between procrastinating, crying, and episodes of House I realized I've got to be more than the change I see in the world. I've got to be the world.

So perhaps, I won't be the entire world but, I've got to be a piece larger than I am now. So double the fragments, and double the possibilities!

Friday Fragments//Jumuah Jottings #4

My brother is becoming increasingly ignorant. I think Rice was a complete waste of money. I asked him why he has yet to marry to which he answered "Oh her shipping and handling price was too high." :|

I instructed him that this was ridiculous females do NOT have shipping and handling cost. He said, "No? Because this broad said I'd have to move her here, and deal with her." He said he'd ship her but, refused to handle her.
........................................................................................

The Nuns from Saint Marys came to visit the class this week. I'm not sure what happened to separation of church and state but, there they were in a public school. They gave the children 'holy water.' Billy asked if the whole school was holy. Apparently the sisters were running low on supplies as we caught them filling the small bottles in the school fountain.


..............................................................................
...........................

Over Heard Moments @ the Elementary School:

Student # 1: So...how do blind people wipe their ass?
Student # 2: The same way everyone else does. Oh...oh my god, that's gross, Wendy. Most people don't look at it.

Hot Male Parent # 1: Have you read or seen He's Not That Into You?
Random girl, to uninterested guy: No.
Hot Male Parent # 1: Well, I highly recommend you read it!

My sister to my brother: "You shut up! I'm genetically superior" -- who says that!? lol
.........................................................................................................

Did You Know?!

  • Real diamonds can be made from peanut butter.
  • It is illegal to purchase or consume Jack Daniel's Whiskey in the town in which it is produced!
  • Cows don't have upper teeth.
................................................................................................


I went to see one of my best friends Zahra over S.break. We thought it would be funny if we could both fit into my old 'obese' sweatpants. When we tried to take a step, she fell on top of me. She started peeing uncontrollably.


We had to cut ourselves out of the sweatpants.
-FML
..................................................................................................

Over S.Break I went to get my nails done. I got a pedicure because not only did I want it but, I needed it. The lil Asian man doing my nails keep exclaiming how I needed to get them done more often....I beg to differ. Nails are not a medical condition. Anyways I told him that my feet were in such a bad condition because I'm a dancer. He said, "You either come mo often or you no dancing." I told him to stop dancing wasn't an option. I think he thought if I don't dance I won't have money, which means I can't get my nails done. This is also code for him basically thinking I was stripper :|
.........................................................................................................

Edwardbraclet
I bought this snazzy bracelet inspired by Twilight on Etsy.
Jealous?


[ left click and select view picture for enlargement]

.........................................................................................................

Word of the w
eek

Recessionista - A person who is able to stick to a tight budget while still managing to dress stylishly.

see also: Octomom
.........................................................................................................bunny

This week was about sharing, sharing with the world whatever you have to offer. Two students shared similar stories of death. I didn't know at the time they were the murders. One girl hugged her cat to death while the other placed her bunny in the family dryer. I felt bad but, laughed. It wasn't a quite laugh either.

.........................................................................................................


There’s this whole movement about bringing back nature into the concrete jungles we’ve built in the past 100 years but this is probably the most direct yet indirect way of doing it. Those painted line dividers we see everywhere serve a huge purpose but in an attempt to humanize and naturalize them, designer Ji-Hye Koo covers them with Nature On A Tape - essentially a pre-potted strip of grass that’ll grow with no effort.



It’s sculptural and 3-dimensional but who’s gonna trim it tho?
.........................................................................................................

I love when my grandma speaks to me in Spanish except when it's angry spanish. That usually ends crazy. Abuela quote of the week "In a calm sea, every man is a pilot."
.........................................................................................................

I saw this little girl outside of the post office with her mom. She was in tears. Apparently she had discovered her first love and of course he disappointed.Her mothers snapped at her "Jessie, stop pouting! Boys never actually love girls. The heart of love is fear."

I scribbled she's wrong one a post-it note and tapped it on the window. I wonder if she believed me.
.........................................................................................................

Ron Paul doesn't go the gym. He stays fit by exercising his civil rights.
.........................................................................................................

This week in 4th grade we read Harriet the Spy. The children wouldn't stop calling her Whore-iette.

I don't like how the girl in the book behaves.
So I let them keep doing it.


.........................................................................................................

I gave up Oreos and Pizza for Lent, I gained 14lbs.

F my life.

I'm not even Christian

and I'm still hungry...


.........................................................................................................
Instead of having the D-bag of the week I'm introducing

Useless information I learn as a Marriage and Family Relationship therapist

1.)In India it is cheaper to have sex with a prostitute than buy a condom!

2.)There are men in Guam whose job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the 1st time.

.........................................................................................................

Signing off , wishing each of you a lovely and blessed weekend.

16 comments:

D said...

OK, so first I literally laughed out loud at what the nuns did when they ran out of water! Hilarious! I'm very surprised they came into a public school though. And, thanks for all of the fun facts, I love learning random stuff! The last two were especially interesting!

Umm Omar said...

Nice of you to reach out to that girl. I'm sure she'll remember that for years to come. How sad that her mother seems to feel that she needs to prepare her daughter for disappointment from the start.

Pancake said...

Really? You can make diamonds our of peanut butter? How do you do that? Is it a long process? If so I don't have a patience, I'll just wear one of those crappy CZ on a platinum band and tell the idiots that its a real deal, muahahah

Melissa said...

I'm loving the random fun facts as well.

Left you a little something on my blog - I don't comment much but I read yours a lot.

Anonymous said...

I now they can make diamonds out of the ashes of the dead, but Peanut butter?

You are a very funny girl...nuns and holy tapwater, who'ed have thought it?

Anonymous said...

I can't see your pictures anymore

Farnnay said...

The nun thing was hilarious. I love your friday fragments/Jumu'ah jottings, but theres SO much that you put that by the time i finish reading it, i have forgotten half of the comments i wanted to write.

Anonymous said...

You are freaking hilarious!

Great 'Did You Knows?!' Lol!

And the animal deaths-I literally LOL'd!!! Hahahaha!

Did you really do that post it note??

Yasemin said...

The part about your brother is hilarious! I actually haven't met too many people who did any better at Rice than UT, but hey I live and die for my Longhorns.

Cows don't have upper teeth? I was incredibly shocked by that one.

So sad about those girls and their death stories. One of my old friends accidentally turned the dishwasher on with her ferret inside. He came out warm and soft, but very dead. So sad.

That Guam thing is terrible. It scares me that it may be some of our own American soldiers doing it! Who else lives in Guam anyhow?

Love the comparison to Octomom. Hilarious.

Love that you did Lent though you are not Christian. Maybe when you got rid of the pizza and oreos, you started eating more than you thought of healthier foods. I never realized until recently that granola can be very fattening.

We have the same b-day! Love it!

Mrs4444 said...

Thanks for joining us for FF this week! :)

One of my sisters once choked her guinea pig to death (because she feared my dad was going to hurt her if she didn't make it stop squealing.) When's the next support group meeting? heehee

I don't have time for that peanut butter thing; maybe I'll just string up a peanut and see if anyone notices.

Have a great weekend :)

Anonymous said...

You laughed at the dead animals!

lol, I love your FF. I always want to write a million things afterward though.

"SHUT UP! I'm genetically superior."

i <3 your fam.

Asmi's Journal said...

"Genetically superior"??? Wow, that's a great one - gotta use that on my li'l sis. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Jeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz girl!!!! You have me crackin up all over the place!! LOL
So , is it only holy water out of the tap if nuns get it for you? lol and the one with your bro??? Sounds like he actually has a good head on his shoulders!!
And I'm sure to use the "genetically superior" line!!! That is great! lol Hope you are having a great weekend my friend, take care,
Julian :)

supreem said...

lol i just came across your page, and it's so interesting.. you cover a zillion things!

Anonymous said...

You are really funny- I think I'm going to add you to my blogroll, so no pressure or anything :)

Andhari said...

You're hilarious, especially in that stripper business ;P